"You Should See Me In a Crown", stylized as "you should see me in a crown", is a single by Billie Eilish from her upcoming debut album, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?. It is the fourth track and the album and was released on July 18th, 2018 after being premiered on BBC Radio 1 with Annie Mac.
- The line "Fell for these ocean eyes" is a direct reference to Ocean Eyes.
In the interview with Annie Mac, Billie stated that the song was inspired by the TV show Sherlock. "We wrote this song 'cause of Sherlock, actually, 'cause there's a scene where Jim Moriarty says, "You should see me in a crown" and me and my brother were like "hey that's jiggy as fuck". Then we just sorta made the song about being jiggy I guess, and you should see me in a crown, so there it is."
|Released||July 19th, 2018|
- This song was confirmed when Billie posted a photo on her Instagram story of her voice memos where the song's file was shown.
- The song was originally believed to just be called Crown.
- Billie released a vertical music video for the song on July 19th, 2018 through Spotify. The video was later uploaded to YouTube on August 10th, 2018.
- There is a Snapchat filter for this song.
- It is Billie's second Snapchat filter, the first one being for Ocean Eyes.
- A viral challenge for this song was done on the Tik Tok video sharing service where users uploaded themselves transforming their look as the song's chorus played.